thee appreciation

|
This post is about nothin in particular. I had a hard time sleeping last night cause I was stressing over something completely out of my control. I don't like where shit is going but I'm not sure where to steer it so I just let shit run all thru my mind last night and stayed awake. Eventually I fell asleep and woke up to a 4 year old giggling in my bed next to me. I turned over and opened one eye big enough to grumble at him and ask him what he's doing. He answered me like I should've already known the answer, here's how our convo went...

me: "grumble, grumble, what are you doing, grumble?"

him: "having a party."

me: "with who?"

him: "all my invisible friends."

And then he continues to name them all. When he was done I snuggled him for a big kiss and grabbed my towel to head off to a day I wasn't looking forward to that he made better already. I told him to party on while I got ready for work.

Everyday I go into work with the same routine. I go to a corner store across from my job to pick up a drink and maybe breakfast if I didn't grab it somewhere else first. Right next door is a barbershop and a hair salon. I love that there are characters of all ages and backgrounds who gravitate towards this spot for the obvious and unobvious reasons. I love that when I wait in line to check out its because someone's playing numbers, I love that the old men teach the young men to hold doors for us ladies and teach them to say things like..."your much too beautiful to be walking around here not smiling." instead of "aye shawwwtyy!" I love that there are station wagons with rims parked out front and that everyone speaks or gives a head nod to acknowledge your presence from the people going to work like myself, the ladies going to get their hair braided or the barbers outside taking a smoke break.

No matter how I think my day is slated to go from lack of sleep or just the shit storms we incur on a day to day basis, I know as long as long as I wake up to a party in my bed and make my daily stop to the neighborhood near my job I know someone is bound to put a smile on face and for that I'm appreciative.

2 comments:

Vertigo Verb said...

WoW. My favorite post <3

Let me say before I get started. Worry never added a single day to anybody's life.

But on the other hand, yea..I want you to get sleep and stuff but if you gotta lose sleep so I can get another post like this one then so be it.

I loved everything about this post. Life is beautiful especially the parts most people don't stop to notice. Sometimes we have to let go of the wheel and just pay attention. Sometimes we have to get lost in it to find our way. Leave it to a 4 year old to give the best perspective.

May you always wake to parties in your bed.

xoxox Vertigo

theepoop said...

thank you! I'll def be sharing more of all that sentimental stuff since someone likes it! <3

Post a Comment