thee comicon

|
no geeko.

I went and I loved it. It was at the convention center and being in Baltimore right now is greatness. They are preparing the city streets for the car race coming up. There are gates and bleachers on every block down pratt street along the Inner Harbor. It is amazing to see.

I wasn't sure what to expect going into comicon and I felt like a nerd going at first cause some of my friends were making fun of me for wanting to go, but some supported my full exposure of nerdiness. When we went in there were some zombies walking around drooling and shit...ew. But then there were storm troopers! Oh shit! I got so geeked at these guys, I knew this day was gonna be a winner after seeing them. We got our tickets and headed in. It's basically a ginormous room that we didn't get to cover every inch, filled with comic book artists and their groupies. The first table we saw had some cool little comic figures, the next was a dood prolly my age who was a painter and painted amazing scenes of better known comic book heroes. He was selling his original artwork for as low as $200 and prints for $10. I bought a couple of prints to frame and put in my boos room and we went on. The next table was a girl in her late twentys and she took canvas bags and made little kawaii super heros on them and buttons. My boo asked for some buttons and stickers and I realized I am going need to need some cold hard cash to continue on this endeavor. Go figure the closest atm was broken so we went up 3 floors and across the building to get some cash flow. On our way back we stuck our heads into some of the conference rooms where there was a costume contest. "yes!" we hit the jackpot - we saw everryonneeeeee there. From wolverine to scott pilgrim's nemesis' we saw them all. We took a bunch of pics and continued on our journey through the event. We picked up tons of artwork and even had someone draw somthin special just for my boo. When the convention center was closing we drove over to Fells Point and hit up this mexican jawn that was crazy good. Then walked 2 blocks to "Afters," which is the shit. You go in and grab a container, pick out the type of frozen yogurt you want and fill your container, then head to the lil condiment bar where you can pick from an abundance of toppings from fruity pebble cereal to gummy bears. Perfect ending to a perfect day. I def will be attending comicon next year...maybe next year I'll get my extreme geek on and enter the costume contest. Ok I wouldn't go that far...I think.










boo got "red" icecream with choc chips, sprinkles, and gummie bears =]

Mine didn't look as fun as his but it was good =]



1 comments:

Vertigo Verb said...

looks like you had a great time. I'm a tad jeally...

Post a Comment